- What did you do this past week?
- This week was a little bit more stressful in this class because of the Phase II deadline. I had more of an intensive role in this phase than I did in the previous one, so getting it all done took a lot more time. Other than this, I had a project due in my Informatics class and in AI class that took a considerable amount of time. I had a lower load when it came to my curricular this week so that is something that I have to be thankful for.
2. What’s in your way?
- For this class in particular, I want to complete designing the front-end mock ups in Figma by the end of tomorrow and start actually implementing that design in our code. Besides this class, I have to start working on getting a lot of my work small projects and assignments/lab work here and there. By completing all of this, I would have a lot more free time to work on larger assignments and actually spending time with my family and friends.
3. What will you do next week?
- For this class in particular, I want to finish the design and I am running into an issue with the front-end Media on the website. Those are my top goals for this week. Apart from that, I want to learn to get faster when implementing React code. Despite extensively using it for the project, I noticed that I have tendency to constantly look up every small error which I know is natural in the learning process. However, doing this causes me to invest more time than normal into my work.
4. If you read it, what did you think of the Dependency Inversion Principle?
- I read the Dependency Inversion Principle and I thought it was a great read. In fact, it reminded me a lot of the previous two papers that we read. Both of these papers discuss the priority of writing good code. By inherently understanding what allows code to be good and bad, I can further use this information when I am writing code to not have to make these mistakes intentionally and recognize them when I see them happening.
5. What was your experience of +, *, ** and decorators? (this question will vary, week to week)
- Quite frankly, I struggled with understanding this concept and how it is implemented into the code. I think that exercise further helped to solidify the information but I still found it difficult to understand. I think that with more practice that I would be able to conceptualize the concept better.
6. What made you happy this week?
- My brother came to spend the week in Austin with me! I was able to give him a tour of UT, the empty GDC building and all the Austin favorites. It was a lot of fun and a good refresher at the end of a long school day everyday.
7. What’s your pick-of-the-week or tip-of-the-week?
- I personally have a hard time with Figma because it wrecks my Computer CPU if I am being completely honest. It turns me away from using it, even if it is the only application running. However the downloadable application is not only much easier to use, it is also much easier to your computer and doesn’t massively overheat or slow down your machine :)